Purple Rain


  For more than 5 years ago, I used to be obsessed with watching '80s movies. I would search on my computer the top 100 80's movies, read the synopsis of each one and decide whether to watch it or not. One day I came across Purple Rain and decided to give it a whirl. My Dad has been a massive fan of Prince since the '80s, so I thought it would be interesting to watch the film and see what all the hype was about.  
  After watching the movie, I immediately became addicted to Prince's music. Practically every song on the Purple Rain album is just phenomenal and watching Prince perform some of the songs in the movie was entertaining to watch. When my Dad briefly visited me in Germany for the weekend, (I used to be a nanny for a British family there during my gap year) I even asked him to bring his Prince's Greatest Hits album so that I could download it to my computer. Then for several months, I played the album constantly everywhere I went. I fell in love with his music so much, that I just had to keep listening to it over and over. I think it is because the lyrics are just so darn catchy, not to mention the melodies are upbeat, funky and fun to listen to.
  A year after I got into Prince's music, I moved back to NS, Canada and started my first year of university. During this time, Prince was doing his "Welcome 2" tour and was going to be playing in Halifax at the end of November. Back then, I was contemplating on whether to go or not. A huge part of me wanted to go to the concert because it would have been absolutely spectacular, plus I already was listening to his music for the majority of the year. However, during this time university was very stressful for me. It was getting close to the end of the semester, which meant that I had a ton of assignments and exams on my plate. In the end, I ended up not going because of the workload I was given. Also, my Dad was away for work related reasons, so I would have felt bad going to the show without him.
  Overall, it truly is terrible that neither of us got to see Prince perform live. I especially feel sorry for my Dad, since Prince was one of his favourite artists growing up. Looking back on this, I wish I would have ditched my studies and went to the show, because opportunities like this are once in a lifetime, but what can you do. All I can say is thank-you from the bottom of my heart Prince for sharing with us your extraordinary music! You were so incredibly talented and will be greatly missed! I hope you are partying it up in the afterworld, in "A world of never ending happiness, U can always see the sun, day or night." RIP and may your music carry on forever and ever!

Dress (old): Tobi
Jacket & Necklace (old): Forever21
Black & Gold bracelet (old): DailyLook
Fuchsia bracelet: Claire's
Ring: Kameleon Jewelry
Other bracelet and rings: One ring is vintage and the rest is from a local store in NS
Purse & Boots (old): JustFab
Sunglasses (old): Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By The Cutest Blog on the Block