A Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes


  So it is the last day of the long weekend here in Canada and normally I would be on my way back from Banff. However, this weekend I did not get to go since Jay has been away for the past week visiting his family in the UK. That is right, the UK! I am a bit jealous since I would have loved to have been able to go, but my work only allows me to take 2-3 weeks of vacation time off a year and that trip would have taken up most of my time. Jay is a contractor, meaning that he can take time off whenever he wants, which is awesome but at the same time, he does not get vacation pay so he has to save up for it. Despite being stuck at home and working, I don't mind though, since I will practically have the whole month of August off. I am so excited! I will be going to Hawaii for the first time ever and after I will be visiting my family in my home province NS. The last time I was in NS was two years ago, so I am really looking forward to seeing everyone there.
  Ok, now let's get back to the outfit post! Jay actually took these photos of me a few weeks ago, even before the last two outfit posts that I did. The reason why I did not post this one first is because I decided to save it for when Jay went away, since I have no other recent outfits to post. Also, I chose this one to save because I feel like this one tops all the other outfits that I posted this month. The pictures were taken at the Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton, which consists of four different pyramid greenhouses: the Arid Pyramid, the Feature Pyramid, the Temperate Pyramid and the Tropical Pyramid.
  This was our first time ever going, even though we have been living here for about three years. The conservatory was beautiful to walk around in and observe all of the different plants. My favourites were the Tropical and Feature pyramids. I loved the Tropical Pyramid since it made me temporarily feel like I was in the Caribbean, minus the beach and fancy drinks. The Feature Pyramid is where they change the display to a certain theme every couple of months, in this case, the theme was "A Kaleidoscope of Colour." I absolutely loved this display since it consisted of gorgeous hydrangeas, a beautiful butterfly topiary and pretty flower umbrellas hanging from the ceiling. I actually don't know why we did not visit this place earlier, since it is a lovely place to sit and relax. Also, it is definitely one of the best places in Edmonton to take pictures. In general, I find Edmonton is an ugly city, (Sorry Edmontonians!) compared to other places in Canada like Jasper and Banff. However, there are still plenty of amazing places to take pictures. You just have to search and look for them!
  As for the outfit, the dress is from Modcloth, which I am completely in love with. I just love the colours and the fun floral print! I was also very lucky to have bought the last one in size small. At one point, it was sold out and my heart literally sank because I had been eying it for a couple of weeks. However, someone must have cancelled their order when I checked a few hours later. In case you are interested in buying the dress, Modcloth tends to restock it once in a while, so keep your eyes peeled! Since the dress reminds me of the '60s, I decided to pair it with matching '60s accessories and makeup. All the accessories are still available for purchase except for the purse and ring, which are old from Forever21. The hair scarf is from Unique Vintage and the earrings are from Bow and Crossbones. Bow and Crossbones is a lovely online store, that sells adorable retro inspired jewelry that ranges from fun tiki bangles to sweet '60s styled hoops. I really adore the pieces that they sell! My only complaint is the shipping was rather slow, (It took over a month to receive my two sets of earrings!) but then again, everything I have been ordering from the UK is taking a long time to get here. I don't know what is going on! The necklace is too from Modcloth and the bangle I bought on Etsy. Lastly, the shoes are old from Spring. Overall, this is definitely one of my favourite '60s inspired outfits and I am delighted with how well the conservatory matched my dress!

Dress: Modcloth (Sold out but stayed tuned for possible restock!)
Hair Scarf: Unique Vintage
Earrings: Bow and Crossbones
Necklace: Modcloth
Bangle: Etsy (CraftemallHandmade)
Ring (old): Forever21
Purse (old): Forever21
Shoes (old): Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By The Cutest Blog on the Block