Where Are You Spring

  When it comes to spring, I always have mixed feelings towards the season. I love spring in the sense that the weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer and it is one season away from summer. On the other hand, I detest spring since it is practically nonexistent in most parts of Canada, for the first month anyway. In fact, the first month very much resembles to November, since it is still relatively cold outside, there are dead leaves on the ground and there is always a possibility that it could snow. Not to mention, there are no flowers blooming. In other words, spring has definitely not sprung!
  So what does one do until spring actually arrives? Why, you dress and pretend that it's fall of course! Well that is what I did for today's outfit post. I decided to wear this houndstooth ensemble mainly because, Sophie had a matching houndstooth coat and since I failed to get a picture of us matching last fall, I thought it would be a great time to do it this month. Unfortunately, the coat ended up being too small for her, so she only had the coat on for a minute for a few pictures. I'm actually quite surprised that she even looked at the camera. Normally, it is rather hard to get her attention for pictures. Perhaps it was because Jay kept shouting "Treats" haha!
   Besides Sophie having a matching coat, I absolutely love this outfit and was gutted that I did not get the chance to wear it last fall. So when I had the opportunity to wear it last weekend, I was delighted! In general, I love the houndstooth print because it is one of those classic prints that never goes out of style. Likewise, it is chic and fun to wear at the same time. I paired the print with a rust skirt because, it is such a lovely autumn colour and I find that it complements the print rather well. My favourite piece from this outfit hands down, is definitely the shoes. The minute I spotted them on Modcloth, it was practically love at first sight haha! I definitely am looking forward to wearing these shoes more in the fall, even though that is a long time from now!
 
  Top: Forever21 old
  Skirt: Forever21 old
  Shoes: Modcloth old
  Bag: Modcloth old

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By The Cutest Blog on the Block