Canola Comeback


  Hey everyone! I just want to start off by saying I am sorry for the four week hiatus! I have been preoccupied with several things for the past month and needed to take a break from the social media/ blogging world. If you have been following my Instagram, I did mention that my boyfriend and I were planning on moving to another part of Edmonton, in order to save us some money. The new place would have been closer to our work as well. Well it turns out that we decided to not move in the end, even though we were in the process of packing our things. The reason why is because our landlord offered us a cheaper rent price than the other place (Yay!). Also, Jay recently switched jobs and our current place is now a shorter commute for him. Overall, I am absolutely thrilled that we are staying because this place has way more space compared to the other. The other place would have been a nightmare trying to store all my clothes and shoes haha! Moreover, the whole moving process in general would have been a huge hassle, so I am glad that we did not have to go through with that.
  So if I did not move, then what exactly have I been doing for the past month? Well I have been working full time as per usual, but on top of that, Jay's friend was visiting for a week and then my parents were here for another week, so my free time was used to spend with them. Also when my parents were here, they helped me pick out a new car, since my old one had a lot of work that needed to be done and it was going to cost too much money to fix it. I'm not going to lie, but I was a bit bummed out by this, because the other car was already paid off, so from going to that to having to pay for a new car is annoying. On the other hand, I am loving my new car though and it is definitely a big upgrade from my previous one. As for the other two weeks, I have been catching up with everyone on Instagram, taking some outfit photos and getting ready for my upcoming trip to Hawaii this Friday. I am so freaking excited to go! I can't wait!
  Anyway, as for the outfit, I did mention in a previous post that I had a dress that is very similar to one of Jackie Burkhart's dresses from That '70s Show. Well this is the dress and here is a picture of the dress she wore! I know it is not exactly identical but the style is basically the same. I bought the dress last year from Modcloth but never got the chance to wear it until now. I absolutely love this dress, especially with the lace details and pretty floral print! As for the accessories, I wanted to replicate the look as much as possible so I bought the puka shell jewelry from my local thrift store. The ring and earrings were also thrifted. As for the rest of the outfit, I had nothing to go by so I just made an educated guess and went for a macrame bag and clogs. Overall, I am extremely happy with this outfit since it is similar to Jackie's look, is comfortable to wear and is a sweet outfit to wear in the prairies.

*Photo credits go to my amazing Mom and finding the photo location goes to my awesome Dad! Thank-you!!

Have you ever tried to replicate someone's style? Have you ever bought something but did not wear/use it a year later? Let me know in the comments :)!

Dress (old)- Modcloth
Puka Shell Necklace- Thrifted
Puka Shell Bracelet- Thrifted
Ring- Thrifted
Earrings- Thrifted
Shoes (old)- Modcloth
Macrame Purse (old)- Urbanog

1 comment:

  1. Ahh such a gorgeous post and lovely outfit!
    Loving the photographs xx
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By The Cutest Blog on the Block